Kapton heat resistant tape Product Details
Kapton heat resistant tape are made from polyimide film with Silicone adhesive. They have been used in applications at temperatures as low as -100°C (-212°F) and as high as 260°C (500°F). The polyimide tape in high performance, reliability and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration and other demanding environments.
Kapton heat resistant tape make innovative design solutions possible in a range of industries including, consumer electronics, solar photovoltaic and wind energy, aerospace, automotive and industrial applications. Kaptons tape have a high dielectric strength. Silicon adhesive protection leaves no residue.
Kapton heat resistant tape Features
• Polyimide film is dimensionally stable at high temperatures
• Flame retardant, chemical and radiation resistant
• Silicone adhesive’s high temperature performance reduces adhesive transfer
• Polyethylene tape core instead of cardboard
• Gold tab protection during wave solder of printed circuit boards.
• RoHS compliant
Kapton heat resistant tape data sheet
Note: The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only, and should not be used for specification purposes.
Fupont kapton heat resistant tape FB5085KT
Elongation at Break (%)
Electrical Strength (Volts)
-20℃ to 260℃ (-100°to 500°F)
2~500(Custom Slit Available)
These values are measured values and not guaranteed value
Kapton heat resistant tape Application Ideas
• Mask for protection of gold fingers of printed circuit boards during wave solder, solder reflow or solder dip process.
• Release surface in fabrication of parts cured at elevated temperatures.
Kapton heat resistant tape Storage
Store under normal conditions of 60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) and 40 to 50% R.H. in the original carton.
Kapton heat resistant tape Shelf Life
To obtain best performance, use this product within 2 years from date of manufacture.